- Editors' Prize
Jabberwock Review is pleased to announce the publication of our Summer 2014 issue (35.1).
Congratulations to Toni Graham, one of the two winners of the 2015 Flannery O’Connor Prize for Short Fiction. The title story of her collection, The Suicide Club, appeared in the Winter 2012 issue of Jabberwock Review.
Congratulations to William Huhn, whose essay "I Know You Rider" (Summer 2011, vol. 32.1) has been selected as a "Notable Essay" in Best American Essays 2012.
We are pleased to announce the winners of the 2014 Nancy D. Hargrove Editors' Prize for Fiction and Poetry.
Winner: Adam Shafer, "Fugue"
Finalists: Corey Campbell, "The Neighborhood"; Wolfgang Rougle, "Black Walnuts"
Winner: Emily Rose Cole, "Judy Garland Speaks of Her Early Career"
Finalists: K. T. Landon, "Rise" and "Poem on Realizing a Friend Has Sold Me Out"; Jeanne Wagner, "Paco's Fire"
Congratulations to our winners and finalists!
Congratulations to our 2013 Pushcart Prize nominees!
David Armstrong for his story “Bethesda” (Summer 2013)
Laurie Barton for her poem “All We Want from a Minor Fame” (Winter 2013)
Jared Harel for his poem “To Swim in a Lake in Which Someone Has Drowned” (Winter 2013)
Kara Krewer for her poem “Memory, While Driving” (Summer 2013)
Steve Trumpeter for his story “Looper” (Winter 2013)
Deborah Thompson for her essay “The Buddha’s Hunger” (Winter 2013)
Jabberwock Review is a literary journal published semi-annually by students and faculty of Mississippi State University. The journal consists of art, poetry, fiction, and non-fiction from around the world. Funding is provided by the Office of the Provost, the College of Arts & Sciences, the Shackouls Honors College, the Department of English, fundraisers, and subscriptions.
For further information about Jabberwock Review, contact
Becky Hagenston, Editor
Matthew Morgan, Associate Editor
THE NANCY D. HARGROVE EDITORS’ PRIZE FOR FICTION AND POETRY
CONTEST OPENS January 15, 2014
DEADLINE: March 15, 2014
- One winner in fiction and one in poetry each receive $500 and publication in Jabberwock Review..
- All finalists are considered for publication.
- All entrants receive a one-year (two-issue) subscription beginning with the prize-winning issue.
- Each fiction entry should consist of a single short story of any length. (Novel excerpts may be submitted if they are self-contained.)
- Each poetry entry should consist of 1-3 poems. The winning entry may be for a single poem or group of poems.
- Entry Fee: $15, which includes a one-year (two-issue) subscription to Jabberwock Review. (If you enter more than once, you may either extend your subscription or give the additional subscriptions as gifts.)
HOW TO ENTER
Online Submissions Manager:
. The site will walk you through uploading your manuscript.
Entries will be read anonymously (blindly). For that reason, do not include any identifying information on the manuscript.
The website will prompt you to pay the entry fee through a secure online credit-card payment.
All manuscripts uploaded by 11:59 p.m. on March 15 will be considered.
SUBMISSIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED THROUGH OUR SUBMISSIONS MANAGER.
• All manuscripts must be original and previously unpublished.
• Simultaneous submissions are welcome; if your work is accepted elsewhere, please withdraw it through the submissions manager.
• Current students or staff of Mississippi State University are ineligible for the Editors’ Prize.
All manuscripts entered are read anonymously. Please do not include identifying information on the manuscript. Manuscripts are only identified by number and title while they are being reviewed. The Jabberwock Review’s editorial staff will consider all manuscripts submitted according to these guidelines, and will select one winner in each category and as many as 10 finalists.
Questions? Please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to reading your work!
To subscribe to one year (two issues, $15.00) of Jabberwock Review, or to purchase a single issue($8.00), please CLICK HERE
or send a check made payable to Jabberwock Review to:
Jabberwock Review publishes a Winter and a Summer issue each year.
- Submissions will be accepted only from August 15 to October 20 and January 15 to March 15.
- We do not accept previously published material.
- We do not accept emailed submissions. Please use our Submission Manager to submit work using Submittable.
- Please submit no more than 1 story or essay or no more than 5 poems at a time.
- Please double-space prose submissions.
- Poems of multiple pages should indicate whether or not stanza breaks accompany page breaks.
- Please do not send another submission until you have received a response on the first.
- We will try to respond in 3 months. If you have not heard from us in 5 months, feel free to contact us about the status of your submission.
- Rights revert to the author upon publication, but please acknowledge the Jabberwock Review in any future publications.
- Jabberwock Review welcomes all forms and styles of writing, from traditional to experimental.
- Please submit electronically using Submittable. Due to publication costs, we do charge a small $2.50 submission fee.
- If you need to withdraw a submission, please do that using Submittable as well.
Department of English
Mississippi State University
Mississippi State, MS 39762
****Beginning in 2014, we will not be accepting paper submissions.****